The Democratic Party is a major Political party in the United States and in Veep. It's most notable members are former President Selina Meyer, former President Stuart Hughes, and Maine Senator Tom James. The Democratic Party rivals the Republican Party, which currently holds the Presidency.
NOTE: While Veep refrains from identifying Selina's political party, very many signs point that she is a Democrat, so her party will be referred to as a Democrat until her party is revealed.
- Selina Meyer, 45th President of the United States
- Stuart Hughes, 44th President of the United States.
- Andrew Doyle, Secretary of State under President Montez.
- Tom James, U.S. Senator from Maine.
- Danny Chung, Governor of Minnesota.
- Governor Ramos, Governor.
- George Maddox, Secretary of Defense under President Hughes.
- Roger Furlong, U.S. Representative from Ohio.
- Jonah Ryan, U.S. Representative from New Hampshire.
- Owen Pierce, U.S. Representative from Nevada.
- Blake Stewart, party nominee in 2004.
- Barbara Hallowes, U.S. Senator from Nevada.
Electoral History Edit
2004 election Edit
2012 election Edit
2014 midterms Edit
In the 2014 midterms, the Democratic Party did poorly, losing a majority in the house.
2016 election Edit
President Hughes reputation was tarnished following the Uzbek Hostage Crisis and his wife's dissipating mental health, Hughes announced he would resign immediately in January 2016, and Meyer ascended to the Presidency, while still running to be President. The 2016 election ended in an historic tie, which led to a vote in the House and Senate, both of which could not produce a viable winner, until sitting Vice President Andrew Doyle broke the tie, awarding the Presidency to New Mexico Senator Laura Montez, who was running alongside Bill O'Brien, to replace Meyer as President.