Debate #1 - University of New Hampshire Edit
The Democratic Party's first presidential debate was held in December 2015 at the University of New Hampshire. It was the first (and possibly only) debate between the candidates in the campaign for the Blue Party's nomination for the President of the United States in the 2016 presidential election. It was moderated by MSNBC's Andrea Tandy.
Participating Candidates Edit
- Selina Meyer, 47th Vice President of the United States
- Danny Chung, Governor of Minnesota
- George Maddox, former Secretary of Defense
- Joe Thornhill, ex-Baseball Manager
- Owen Pierce, U.S. Representative from Nevada
Of debate viewers, Thornhill came in the lead with 30% of viewers saying he did the best job, followed by Meyer, Chung, Pierce, and Maddox. Meyer's "three Rs" were said to be popular, while Maddox's "hole" speech was said to have cost him the debate.