The Presidency of Selina Catherine Meyer began in January 2016, following the resignation of incumbent President Stuart Hughes, and was inaugurated as the 45th President of the United States. She became President while running to be President in the 2016 U.S. presidential election. She became the first U.S. President since Gerald Ford to ascend to the Presidency after their successor resigns.
As President, Meyer made a historic trip to Iran, the first time a President has visited Iran since Jimmy Carter in 1977. Meyer also was a great advocate of the controversial Families First Bill, which was voted against in October 2016. A congressional hearing was put into motion to determine whether or not Meyer hired lobbyists to get the bill to fail. Her administration was also caught in the middle of the Medileaks scandal in the Spring of 2016, where her administration was accused of hacking the medical and social security records of a child.
Assumption of presidency Edit
Main article: Inauguration of Selina Meyer
Meyer was the second person to assume the office of President of the United States, the first being Gerald Ford in 1974. She was sworn in in January 2016 following the resignation of Stuart Hughes. The swearing in was held in a White House state room. The inauguration marked the commencement of Meyer's first term (which lasted about a year) as President, following the resignation of President Stuart Hughes.
Immediately after becoming President, Meyer addressed the nation, wearing squeaking shoes.
During her swearing-in, Meyer said "preser... protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States." Speaker Marwood demanded that she took the oath again, and she was sworn in the next day at a factory in New Hampshire.
Soon after becoming President, Meyer nominated Senator Andrew Doyle to become her running mate.
Main article: Timeline of the presidency of Selina Meyer
- January 2016: Vice President Selina Meyer is inaugurated, and dismisses Leslie Kerr from Energy, which causes direst in Iran.
- February 2016: President Meyer hosts a state dinner for Israel; Meyer introduces the Families First Bill.
- March 2016: Medileaks Scandal begins.
- May 2016: President Meyer goes to the middle east for a 10-day world peace tour, and goes to countries including Jordan, Egypt, Israel, and Iran, the latter being to free detained reporter Leon West.
- July 2016: President Meyer is officially nominated as the Blue Party nominee for President of the United States, she chooses Maine Senator Tom Jones as her running mate.
- August 2016: A hurricane hits Florida, President Meyer mistakenly grounds flights in North Carolina.
- September 2016: President Meyer participates in the first of three Presidential debates against challenger Bill O'Brien. An intruder breaks in to the White House twice.
- October 2016: The Families First Bill is killed in the House; The staff is caught in a scandal regarding lobbying to get the bill to fail.
- November 2016: 2016 U.S. Presidential Election ends in an historic tie; President Meyer loses recount in Nevada; US Economy begins crashing following Electoral tie; President Meyer places new sanctions on China following cyber attacks.
- December 2016: DOW Jones continues to slip, US on verge of economic crisis, crisis is later resolved; President Meyer negotiates with China to free Tibet.
- January 2017: Vote in the Senate awards the Presidency to Laura Montez; President Meyer leaves office; Tibet is freed.
|The Meyer Administration|
|President||Selina Meyer||January 2016 - January 2017|
|Vice President||Andrew Doyle||January 2016 - January 2017|
|Chief of Staff||Ben Cafferty||January 2016 - January 2017|
|Press Secretary||Mike McLintock||January 2016 - January 2017|
|Chief Strategist||Kent Davison||January 2016 - January 2017|
|Comm. Director||Jim Owens||January - February 2016|
|Bill Ericsson||February - November 2016|
|???||November 2016 - January 2017|
|Chief Counsel||Dan Egan||January 2016 - March 2016|
|Senior Advisor||Karen Collins||May - July 2016|
|Amy Brookheimer||November 2016 - January 2017|
|Dan Egan||November 2016 - January 2017|
In Joint Session, Sue casually mentions that Selina has to swear in "Ann James" as Housing Secretary.
Foreign Policy Edit
Meyer's first state dinner was held in February 2016, welcoming the Israeli prime minister.
In May of 2016, Meyer initiated a 10-day "World Peace Tour", where she toured middle eastern countries such as Israel, Jordan, and Egypt. She extended the trip by a day to make a surprise trip to Iran, to free detained journalist Leon West.
Selina Meyer's Presidency has been ranked among the worst in United States History, and also one of the most scandalous, with many citing the lobbying in the lead-up to the Families First Vote and the Medileaks scandal. Meyer's highest point in terms of favorability was during her Middle East Peace Tour in May 2016. In January 2017, Meyer was ranked 43rd out of 44 Presidents in terms of effectiveness, placed just above James Buchanan.
Meyer's popularity was continually outdone by her running mate Maine Senator Tom James during the 2016 campaign.